COVID-19 ADVISORY: Shepherd’s Plumbing, Heating, & Air Conditioning is BUSINESS as USUAL.Read More

Who To Call For Water In Crawl Space

Who to call for water in crawl space?

When water starts to collect in your home’s crawl space or basement, it’s important to get help right away. You might be wondering who you should call for this type of problem – a plumber or water remediation professional? Let’s break it down and see who is the best option for you.

Who to Call for Water in Crawl Space?

When to Call a Plumber

If you catch the problem early, for instance, a leaking pipe, you can call a plumber. The plumber will come to your home, verify the issue, repair the leak in your basement or crawl space, and then clean up any mess.

There are several benefits of calling a plumber to deal with water in your basement or crawl space, including:

  • They have the experience and expertise to handle this type of problem quickly and efficiently.
  • They have the right tools and equipment to get the job done properly.
  • They will be able to identify any other potential problems that might be causing water to collect in your basement or crawl space.
  • They can recommend an annual maintenance plan to help prevent future water issues.

When to Call a Water Remediation Professional

If you have extensive water damage or standing water, you will need to call a water remediation professional. These experts specialize in dealing with all types of water damage, including:

  • Flooding
  • Leaking pipes
  • Overflowing toilets or sinks
  • Mold and mildew growth

Water remediation professionals have the training and experience to deal with all of these issues, as well as the right tools and equipment. They will be able to quickly assess the problem, develop a plan of action, and execute it to get your home back to normal.

What’s the Difference Between a Plumber and a Water Remediation Expert?

A plumber is someone who deals with the installation and repair of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing equipment. A water remediation expert is someone who specializes in dealing with all aspects of water damage, including mold and mildew growth.

When it comes to who to call for water in crawl space, it depends on the severity of the problem. If it’s a minor issue, such as a leaking pipe, you can call a plumber. However, if the problem is more extensive, such as flooding or mold growth, you will need to call a water remediation professional.

Preventing Water Leaks in the Home

There are several things you can do to prevent water leaks in your home, including:

  • Check all pipes and hoses regularly for any signs of wear or damage.
  • Replace any damaged pipes or hoses immediately.
  • Make sure all appliances that use water, such as washing machines and dishwashers, are properly installed and maintained.
  • If you notice any water stains on your ceilings or walls, have them checked out by a professional immediately.

By taking these simple steps, you can help prevent water leaks and the resulting water damage in your home.

Contact Our Emergency Plumbers

If you have any questions about who to call for water in crawl space, or if you need help with a plumbing issue, please contact emergency plumbers. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help with all of your plumbing needs. Or, if you’re dealing with severe water damage, try our sister company Shepherd’s Disaster Recovery & Remediation!


 Shepherd's Plumbing Heating and Air Conditioning © 2023 All Rights Reserved. Website Design by the SEO Company Leads Ngin

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?