Who doesn’t hate a clogged drain? They’re annoying and inconvenient, but they can also be dangerous. If your drains are constantly getting stopped up, you may have a clog deep in the pipes that has reached a main line: and a main line blockage means you can’t use any drain in your home at all. To avoid possible flooding or neighborhood water shutoffs, you need Bay Area plumbing services from our experienced professionals. Here’s how our services can fix a clogged drain right away, plus prevent them from recurring so you never have to deal with a clogged drain again!
Bay Area Plumbing Services
Get to the Root of the Problem
High-Quality Plumbing Services can diagnose why you are experiencing clogged drains and fix the issue. There are many ways clogs can arise all over your home. For example:
- Shower drain: Soap, hair, dirt and other gunk all combine with water to create a slow-draining shower that’s annoying as well as unsanitary.
- Kitchen sink: Grease, oil and food particles can all cause clogs when they combine with dish detergent and water.
- Laundry room: If you don’t have a lint trap on your washing machine, the lint from your clothes can build up and clog both your washing machine hose and laundry sink.
- Toilet: Paper, human waste and other debris can easily form clogs if they’re not dealt with immediately.
All of these issues are important to fix by a professional plumber, but they’re also preventable with routine services. Preventative maintenance will help keep your pipes clear and functioning all year long!
Preventative Plumbing Services for Clogged Drain
Prevention is key! Keep your drains clear with a few simple tips:
- Install strainers on all of your sinks and showerheads to catch debris before it has a chance to cause a clog.
- Avoid pouring grease and cooking oils down the drain, as they will harden over time and create a blockage.
- Dispose of paper products (including baby wipes) in the trashcan, not down the toilet.
- Regularly clean your drains with enzymatic cleaner to dissolve any organic build-up that can cause clogs.
Enzymatic Drain Cleaners Work Wonders
Our favorite tip for keeping drains clear is using an enzymatic drain cleaner. This type of cleaner is specifically designed to break down the organic materials that can clog your drains over time. Chemical-free formulas are safe for use in all types of plumbing, and they are non-toxic so you don’t have to worry about any harmful fumes or residues.
Most importantly, keeping your drains clean and clear is easy when you regularly schedule preventative maintenance services at least once a year. If you’re experiencing clogged drains, contact our friendly team at 650-459-4557 to get your free estimate for services today.
Call Bay Area Plumbing Services for Clogged Drains
Here at Shepherd’s Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning, we are committed to providing you with plumbing services that last, whether it’s an emergency or not. Contact us today for any questions about our reputable plumbing services.