Worried about garbage disposal replacement? You’ve come to the right place.
Garbage disposals need to be replaced every so often. They can break from too much use or things getting stuck in them. When they break, they can get smelly.
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think about your garbage disposal replacement until it’s too late – and it’s clogged. Clogged garbage disposal is a common problem that can be fixed relatively easily. Here are five things to know about replacing garbage disposal:
- You can do it yourself. Replacing garbage disposal is not a difficult task, and you can do it yourself with the right tools and instructions.
- There are many different types of disposals available. When choosing a replacement disposal, be sure to select one that is compatible with your current sink configuration.
- The cost of installation may be less than you expect. If you decide to hire a professional to install your new disposal, the cost may be less than you expect. In some cases, the cost of installation may even be included in the purchase price of the new unit.
- Disposal installation is not always reversible. Be sure to check before purchasing replacement disposal whether or not it is reversible – if it’s not, the installation will require cutting into your plumbing pipes, which can be expensive and time-consuming.
- You don’t need to remove the entire sink! One of the best things about replacing a garbage disposal is that you don’t have to remove the entire sink. In most cases, all you need to do is disconnect the drain and mounting hardware before removing the old garbage disposal. This can save time and money when it comes to installation.
Consequences of Not Changing Your Garbage Disposal
If you don’t change your garbage disposal, it can become a serious health hazard. Food particles and other debris can accumulate in the unit, creating an ideal breeding ground for bacteria and mold that could contaminate food and lead to foodborne illnesses. In addition, clogs may form over time, causing the drains in your home to back up or, even worse – completely block them off.
Taking the time to replace your garbage disposal regularly will ensure it works properly and give you peace of mind knowing that your kitchen is safe from potential harm. Plus, replacing a garbage disposal isn’t as difficult as you might think! With the right tools and instructions, you can easily do it yourself or hire a professional for assistance. Either way, it’s important to make sure your kitchen is clean and safe.
Replacing Your Garbage Disposal is Essential
Replacing a worn-out garbage disposal can be an inexpensive and easy way to improve the function of your sink and keep your kitchen clean. With just a few simple steps, you can ensure that your garbage disposal is up to the task of grinding food waste into tiny pieces for easy drainage and preventing potential clogs from forming in the future.
Garbage disposal replacement doesn’t have to be intimidating. With some preparation and research, you can easily install your replacement with minimal hassle and cost. Armed with this information, you’ll be ready to tackle any garbage disposal.
Are you having other problems with your garbage disposal? Or do you suspect it’s time for garbage disposal replacement? Shepherd’s offers plumbing services in the Bay Area. Give us a call today at (650) 422-2466.